Friday, June 24, 2011

George Clooney n Elisabetta Canalis Split: What Caused Really The Breakup?



Did George Clooney and Italian model Elisabetta Canalis break up because he's already tried marriage once before--and it didn't work out?

The famed actor and social activist was married once before, though he and actress Talia Balsam--whom he wed in 1989--split just four years after they tied the knot. In January, Clooney told Piers Morgan that once is enough.

"I was married, so I gave it a shot," he said.

Canalis may have been holding out to be the next Mrs. Clooney--to no avail. She told Italian magazineChi earlier this month that she plans to be married in the future.

"I am a firm believer in marriage, in the future I will be married, but for the time being I am happy as I am," she said."I don't need anything to confirm how happy I am."

But don't expect Canalis to sit home mourning the split. She was spotted socializing with NBA star (and single dad) Dwyane Wade at a fashion show Tuesday afternoon--merely hours before she and Clooney released a statement about the breakup.

A source tells the New York Daily News that Canalis "didn't appear too heartbroken" while flirting with Wade, who is dating actress Gabrielle Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...