Saturday, June 25, 2011

Jason Segel Is Obsessed With ‘The Muppets’: “I Could Talk About This Forever” ( trailer )



Jason Segel is a serious Muppet lover and it only makes him more lovable! The actor and co-writer of the upcoming film, The Muppets, could talk “forever” about the furry creatures.

A lot of people thought Jason’s upcoming Muppets movie was going to be an ironic version, but Jason tells Vanity Fair that is not at all the case.

“Oh, yeah. A lot of people thought I was doing it with a ‘wink wink.’ You know?” he asks. “And that wasn’t the case at all. But I think when people see the movie in November, I think they’ll be very pleased.”

And Jason knows his Muppets. But still, it’s hard for him to pick one favorite out of the original three films.

“You know, I love the original, but I like the pacing of The Muppets Take Manhattan a little better. But, I mean, they’re all so good. I mean, I could talk about this forever,” he admits. “But The Great Muppet Caper is interesting because it’s just a stand-alone story. They basically just played different characters. Kermit and Fozzie are playing twin brothers, which [laughs] is hilarious. I think the original The Muppet Movie has an amazing sweetness to it; it tells a great story of how they got together. But The Muppets Take Manhattan, with the Manhattan Melodies at the end, is the classic one for me.”

“I can’t remember which I saw first,” he shares. “The Great Muppet Caper has the most specific story. I think there’s an appeal to that as well. It’s very linear: there’s a crook and they’re trying to catch him and all of that stuff. The first Muppet movie is totally meandering, but in a very, very pleasant way. And then the ‘Manhattan Melodies’ in The Muppets Take Manhattan is a much more artsy one, you know? They’re putting on a play and all of that stuff.”

“So, I don’t know, they each have their own appeal to me.”

Basically, Jason just loves Muppets.

Watch the trailer, below!



- ok magazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...